Monday, August 12, 2013

Hitachi Window Type Aircon Review

I had been browsing the internet and researching about what type of air conditioning unit I should be buying for my new house. For me, air conditioning is really important because of the fact that I work at night and sleep in the morning. Most of the time I had really difficulty sleeping during the day because definitely one of the biggest factor is the heat and humidity of the place.

I am very thankful with the program of the company I am working with because I was able to buy the AC Unit that I really needed.

So I have decided to buy Hitachi Window Type Air Conditioning Unit 1.5 Horse Power.

MODEL - RA-15RB
FUNCTION: FAN/COOLING/DEHUMIDIFYING
INPUT POWER: 230 VOLTS / SINGLE PHASE / 60 Hz
COOLING CAPACITY: 13200 
COOLING:
                  A. RUNNING CURRENT (A): 5.3
                  B. POWER CONSUMPTION (W): 1,189
                  C.ENERGY EFFICIENCY RATIO (EER) (KJ / W-H) : 11.1

According to the sales person and Meralco the higher the EER is the better energy efficient the unit would be. So far it is Hitachi who has the highest EER in the 1.5HP. That is one of the reason why I bought Hitachi. If they are correct my monthly electric consumption for the AC is Php 2500 based on the energy guide. The formula to get the monthly operating cost is Rated Consumption (Watt/1000kW) X Monthly Usage (hours) X Power Rate (Pesos/kW-h) = Approximate Cost of Operation Pesos 

Or it is easier if you just go to Meralco Website and have click on the MY APPLIANCE CALCULATOR 

Here's what I got from Meralco My Appliances Calculator:


So yesterday I am excitedly helped in installing the Hitachi Air Conditioning unit.



Here's the free one that comes along with the AC aside from the air conditioning stand.

I will update this blog to see if the computation suggested is near to the actual bill.\

2 MAJOR CONSIDERATION IN BUYING AIR CONDITIONING UNIT


1. Decide based on the room size so as to avoid over using your AC's compressor.

2. Choose the air con that has the highest EER. though it is estimated but the higher the better on the EER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this article?